This No-Bake Pop-Tart Ice Cream Pie is a childhood dream come true. The no-churn vanilla ice cream is swirled with strawberry jam and Strawberry Pop Tarts. Plus there’s plenty of sprinkles! This frozen pie is perfect all summer long.
I’m fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel and spend time with my blogging friends from near and far. A few weeks ago I was in Utah and this past weekend was spent in Sacramento learning all about making videos. It’s incredible how fast this industry changes and how much it takes for us to run our businesses. No matter how much your goals and your paths differ, we share a common love for what we do. Not everyone speaks our language so it’s incredible when we can all spend some time sharing together.
About half of our group have birthdays within a few weeks of each other and Dorothy surprised us all with birthday cake. I don’t think I’ve ever had a better lemon pound cake!
That’s one of my favorite parts about hanging with my friends; they also LOVE desserts!!
I wish I could have shared this No-Churn Pop-Tart Ice Cream Pie with them. The buttery Oreo crust is filled with a vanilla ice cream, swirled with strawberry jam, sprinkles and chunks of Strawberry Pop-Tarts! How fun is that?
Pop-Tarts remind me of my childhood. We usually had strawberry ones and occasionally we’d have the unfrosted ones. My dad taught me to toast them, add a little butter and then a sprinkle of sugar on top. I also have a soft spot in my heart for the brown sugar cinnamon ones too!
I made this ice cream four times until it was just right. I love a good no churn ice cream but they tend to melt at a much faster pace, so it can be challenging to get the consistency right.
Traditional no churn ice cream is made with sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream. For this recipe, I have added some cream cheese so it’s more stabilized. You don’t even really notice the cream cheese at all.
Each layer of this ice cream pie is swirled with strawberry jam. Instead of adding it to the ice cream base, I layered it in. I added about one third of the ice cream into the prepared crust and then swirled the jam into the ice cream. I repeated that step 3 times. I also saw these amazing Pop-Tart Popsicles which used a similar method. How good do those look though???
Grab a box of Pop-Tarts and make this ice cream pie, stat!
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
- For the Crust
- 1 packages Golden Oreos (14oz)
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- For the Filling
- 1 ¼ cups + 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 sleeves Strawberry Pop-Tarts (6 Pop-Tarts total), finely chopped
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- 3-4 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- For the topping:
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- For the crust: Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel.
- Grind one full package of Oreos cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs as well coated.
- Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Refrigerate the crust while you are preparing the filling.
- For the filling: Place the metal bowl and mixer in the freezer for 10 minutes to Chill.
- Pour 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Microwave the unwrapped cream cheese for 15-20 seconds on a microwave-safe dish. Then beat the softened cream cheese on medium-high for 1-2 minutes to eliminate any lumps.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until the sugar is well incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Then add 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream and the vanilla extract. Beat into the cream cheese.
- Finally, add the sweetened condensed milk and beat it into the cream cheese until it’s completely smooth.
- Next fold the prepared whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and stir until it’s well combined.
- Lastly, fold in the finely chopped Pop-Tarts, reserving a small handful to garnish with top with, and the sprinkles and fold them into the batter.
- Pour ⅓ of the batter into the prepared crust and spread evenly.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the jam for 15-20 seconds just until it’s slightly thinner. Using a piping bag or a small plastic bag, drizzle the jam in circles working from the outside edge into the middle. Use a knife or toothpick to swirl the jam. Repeat with two more layers.
- Garnish the top of the pie with remaining Pop-Tart pieces and additional sprinkles.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours.
- For the topping: Prepare another batch of whipped cream by placing your bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare the whipping cream. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the boarders of the pie with whipped cream using a large open star tip. Garnish with sprinkles.
You might also like:
Other Pop Tart Recipes you should try: